About Our Chef
Shirley Johnson gradutated from Ryerson in 1982 with a BAA in hospitality and tourism. She managed/supervised a number of restaurant including: Crock 'n Block,
Michelle's Baguette, and Kelseys.
She started catering for family and friends in 1987 on a part time basis. Worked with her husband Kalin and business partner Craig Kowalchuk they successfully developed, launched and operated two restaurants:
- The Water Street Cooker, 2084 Old Lakeshore Road, Burlington, Ontario L7R 1A3, 905-634-2084, ext 29 for reservation and group sales.
- Emma's Back Porch, 2084 Old Lakeshore Road, Burlington, Ontario L7R 1A3, 905-634-2084, ext 29 for reservation and group sales.
Catered Fare is the proud recipient of the following awards:
- Mayor's Award for Small Business and the Arts - Town of Oakville
- Small Business Special Achievement Award.
- Award of Distinction - Best Arts/Entrepreneur Partnership from the National Post.
Catered Fare have also been recognized by both the Rotary Club and the Chamber of Commerce.
Over the past year we were honoured to prepare events for the Prime Minister and other notable Canadians. Catered Fare was the first to cater an event in the largest home in Canada.
Shirley is very well rooted in the community and feels that businesses have a responsibility to support their local charities.